Undersink Install Guide
This installation hides the ionizer undersink thus minimising the amount of exposed plumbing. A small disadvantage is that in order to alter the selected water pH, it is necessary to gain access to the Melody unit itself as this cannot be altered above the counter via the tap.
Installation using with the kit is a quick DIY job, with fitment onto the cold water pipe and drilling a hole to mount the supplied tap into the counter requiring only the use of the Self Cutting Tap (see the previous article for instructions) and a 38mm core bit.
- Plumbers wrench (for tightening the tap)
- Scissors or Stanley knife (for trimming the plastic water pipes)
- Philips 2 screwdriver (for fitting the self-cutting tap)
- High-speed drill (for providing a route for the cold water supply pipe)
- 38mm Core Drill Bit
- Hammer and punch (for accurately drilling the hole)
- Tape measure (to accurately position the hole)
(Note that in situations where the counter surface is made of granite and there is no easy routing option, this installation may not be possible without the use of specialist cutting techniques.)
- Place the ionizer above the counter in the position in which you would like to use it. Note the location of the inlet of the ionizer in relation to the countertop and decide how best to route the 8mm inlet hose from the cold water supply pipe to the ionizer – mark the counter where the hole needs to go if required
- Take the Mains Connection Fitting (also known as a Self Cutting Tap or Self Piercing Valve) and fasten it on a suitable part of the cold water supply pipe.
- Drill an 8mm in the counter in the position previously marked out
- Check the routing to the ionizer – length of hose etc
- Mount the tap onto the countertop
- Attach the cold water inlet hose to the inlet fitting in the ionizer. Ensure this is securely fastened.
- Wind in the tap on the Mains Connection Fitting until it is reasonably tight – without over-tightening.
- Wind the tap back out, again being careful not to over wind.